Thursday, August 18, 2011

and now for the second post...

Okay, so the emergency numbers and our itinerary have been emailed to our children. The neighbors have been given instructions on what to water (with a plate of freshly baked choc chip cookies). I've looked up the average temps for the places we are going to so we will know how warmly to dress - when the itinerary says we'll ride on a snocoach to walk on a glacier, I take it that will NOT be a shorts day! We have stopped the newspaper and the mail.

I even have a map of our trip all printed out by Mapquest so I know how many hours and miles of travel we have ahead of us each day - that's so I'm ready for the mileage contest that is sure to follow at the end of our trip!  LOL

Today I bought a Tide stain remover pen so now we're ready for anything they throw at us!!!

Bill has our passports already in the suitcase so we'll not forget them.

It's interesting that Monday, Aug 22 is Sarah and Larry's 19th wedding anniversary. For their honey moon, guess where they went camping? Right...the Canadian Rockies! So we will be following in their steps 19 years later to the day !!!!

Today we travel to Wayside, WI  for the weekend. We will be attending the Kiekhaefer reunion on Sat. That's Bill's mom's side of the family. The best part is WE GET TO GO TO DeGrief's in Wayside for the  FRIDAY NIGHT FISH FRY! It's also Bill's brother, Dave's 67th birthday!

Sunday we'll be back in Rochester to wash clothes, repack and then Monday, be on our way north!!
Till next time - thanks for the suggestion (& comment), Pastor Otte - this is going to be FUN!!! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Connie... I'm testing out accounts to figure out why Pastor Otte is having trouble posting comments. Don't mind me! :o)

    ReplyDelete